We’re thrilled to announce some exciting news. We strive to offer the best possible experiences to our members–and that means investing, and reinvesting, in extraordinary spaces that inspire you. Over the next few months, we’re making investments in our Chicago club to continue our strive towards extraordinary–all based on feedback we’ve gotten from you, our members.
Below, you’ll find everything you need to know about the upcoming club enhancements, including progress updates & temporary disruption dates. Check back here as much as you’d like, we will keep this page updated with the latest information.
We are very excited about these upcoming changes. We believe these changes will greatly increase the availability of our most popular equipment, ensuring you experience minimal wait times even during peak hours.
– Midtown Athletic Club Chicago
ARENA | A NEW STUDIO FOR HIIT CLASSES – OPENS MARCH 31ST
Arena is finally coming to our Chicago club! Arena is one of Midtown’s signature studios that features high-intensity classes using functional fitness equipment.
What to expect when you take an Arena class:
- The workouts focus on building strength, speed, and endurance.
- Classes in Arena will be live starting March 31st
- Arena will be located on the 2nd floor, in the former RIDE studio
Arena will host 2 classes:
- APEX: Maximize strength power and speed through high-intensity treadmill and weights.
- Endure: Tone up and build endurance alternating between weights and treads.
RIDE | TRANSFORMING INTO AN INDOOR/OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE – OPENS LATE SPRING 2023
We are making significant enhancements to our RIDE studio: an entirely new studio space that allows us to transition between an open-air outdoor environment and indoor studio, based on the class (and the weather!).
- RIDE classes will be temporarily paused starting March 13th, but don’t worry, they’ll be back soon.
- Our new RIDE studio will be located on the first floor
- Our new RIDE studio will be opening late spring
SECOND FLOOR | CARDIO, RECOVERY, AND STRENGTH
We are consolidating our cardio layout and adding more of what you like, such as:
- 9 new Woodway treadmills
- These treads are compatible with your apple watch, designed specifically for runners and have the highest incline of any tread on the market
- 2 new stair steppers (climb mills) for a total of 10
We are expanding the stretching space to allow for a larger recovery area with:
- Twice the stretching space
- A hyperice station– percussion self-massage tools
We are adding more space for strength training with the following equipment:
- More dumbbell sets
- 4 Fitbenches
- More regular benches
- A smith machine
- Rubber flooring under the benches
- Stand alone mirrors in front of Fitbenches
THIRD FLOOR | A STRENGTH TRAINING OASIS
We are moving our Queenax closer to the field to make room for additional strength equipment:
- 6 Eleiko half racks and platforms (smaller size platforms)
- 50% more dumbbells, racks and benches
- Precor plate loaded shoulder press
- Precor plate loaded hack squats
Cable machines see some of the highest usage so we are adding 100% more cable machines:
- 2 Life Fitness Multijungles
- 4 Life Fitness dual adjacent pulleys
And for a new, fun way to do cardio, we are adding:
- 2 SkiErgs